Thursday, November 24, 2011

Life Drawing In Colour!

Mob Squad / Simpsons reference ;)


Anyhoo, for the past two weeks we've been having what is referred to as our experimental lessons in life drawing class. This touches upon two of my biggest fears in drawing: mixing of media and colour! I can't wrap my head around colour, just can't do it. But god help me I try. 


We started off by warming up with a few 30 second gestures.



Following this we moved into mixed media. I found I got good results by doing my under drawings with a fine liner pen and then going in with oil and chalk pastels.







I like how all of these turned out, although I do regret not using a darker colour paper for the two bottom drawings. I hope to revisit this style later in the year.


As always, thanks for popping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment